Planning for retirement is often something people think about throughout their lives but the concept tends to become more real as individuals get older. The search for senior living in Sacramento begins as people seek out places that offer everything from personal care and a quiet setting to nice amenities and features.
There is a wide range of options around town that include assisted living facilities, independent living, and retirement communities in Sacramento. Once you learn which locations have the best options that fit your lifestyle, it’ll be easier to decide which senior living property is right for you.
1. Regency Place Assisted Living – Top-rated Sacramento Senior Living Community
Providing everything from memory care and respite care to independent living options, Regency Place Assisted Living is one of the most popular choices for seniors in Sacramento. They offer a comfortable atmosphere filled with fun and laughter that will make anyone feel right at home.
Their beautiful community has well-groomed grounds with landscaped gardens and serene walkways. Residents enjoy convenient dining options on-site in the restaurant-style meal area where they can get three meals a day.
Regency Place has numerous activities scheduled throughout the week so that people living there are never bored. They even plan group outings to allow residents the opportunity to get out and about around town on occasion.
- Address: 8190 Arroyo Vista Dr, Sacramento, CA 95823
- Website: https://www.regencyplaceseniorliving.com/
- Phone: (916) 681-7800
- Amenities: Game room, community gardens, beauty salon, barbershop, laundry facilities, basic cable, chef-prepared meals, and scheduled transportation services.
2. Varenna Senior Apartments – Enjoyable Independent Living
As a beautiful place to live, the Varenna Senior Apartments community is one of the top places for independent living in Sacramento. This property boasts a handful of great features that any senior would love.
Tenants can enjoy fun activities and opportunities to connect with other seniors at the clubhouse, where they can play games or simply be social. Rooms come with a dishwasher, refrigerator, basic cable, and many other amenities.
Thanks to the on-site maintenance staff, the grounds at Varenna are always well maintained and offer a clean setting for all to enjoy.
- Address: 2351 Wyda Way, Sacramento, CA 95825
- Website: https://www.varennaapts.com/
- Phone: (888) 303-3624
- Amenities: Covered parking, clubhouse, outdoor pool, business center, laundry facilities, TV lounge, library, private patios, and high-speed internet.
3. The Village at Heritage Park – Safe Sacramento Assisted Living Facility
Inspired by the Montessori system, The Village at Heritage Park is ranked among the top places for assisted living in Sacramento. As an independent living community, they provide residents with memory care for Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia.
Owned by a company called Frontier Management, this community runs something called the SPARK Program. It is based on scientific research and has been designed to help seniors stay socially engaged as well as help them continue growing. These systems foster a sense of independence and comfort for seniors living in Sacramento.
- Address: 2001 Rose Arbor Dr, Sacramento, CA 95835
- Website: https://frontiermgmt.com/communities/the-village-at-heritage-park/
- Phone: (916) 216-8958
- Amenities: Gathering areas, social clubs, banquet-style dining room, three daily meals, kitchenettes, patios, salon, fitness center, and movie theater.
4. Love And Serenity – Senior Assisted Living Greenhaven
Having served seniors living in Sacramento for over 15 years, Love And Serenity is often considered among the city’s top assisted living communities. They offer residents a secure and pleasant place to live where they can receive memory care and enjoy many benefits.
With custom programs, they strive to fit the needs of every lifestyle and cater the care directly to each individual. People living in this facility enjoy a luxurious setting with many comforts as they are well taken care of by the on-site staff.
- Address: 57 Farallon Cir, Sacramento, CA 95831
- Website: https://www.sacramentoelderlycare.com/
- Phone: (916) 490-0237
- Amenities: Health and wellness programs, social activities, recreational areas, administration of medications, transportation services, and access to healthcare professionals.
5. Mercy McMahon Terrace – Comfortable Senior Living in Sacramento
As a reputable independent living community in Sacramento, the team at Mercy McMahon Terrace is committed to providing its residents with comfort, dignity, and a strong sense of security.
They provide beautiful apartment-style homes with the added advantages of assisted living services like memory care. Their staff is dedicated to keeping residents and their families happy as they offer the highest quality of assistance with activities of daily living. On-site they have medical experts, clergy, social workers, clergy, and other administrative team members.
- Address: 3865 J St, Sacramento, CA 95816
- Website: https://mercymcmahonterrace.org/
- Phone: (916) 733-6510
- Amenities: Emergency call system, dining services, planned activities, spiritual support from clergy, transportation services, and a hair salon.
6. Eskaton Jefferson Manor – Affordable Senior Living in Sacramento
At Eskaton Jefferson Manor, they offer helpful programs through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for people who need rental assistance. These options make their location one of the most cost-friendly Sacramento senior living communities.
Even with the affordable housing factor, their property offers a variety of wonderful features including social engagement activities, on-site maintenance, 24-hour security, and more.
Newcomers will need to go through the application process to determine whether they qualify for the payment assistance programs. Once approved, seniors living in Sacramento will be able to rent an apartment at one of their three top-rated properties.
- Address: 5959 66th Ave, Sacramento, CA 95823
- Website: https://www.eskaton.org/
- Phone: (916) 421-9422
- Amenities: Restaurant-style dining, scheduled shuttle service, fitness classes, library, cable, wi-fi, salon, barbershop, and laundry service.
7. Golden Pond Retirement Community – Reputable Place for Seniors to Live
The Golden Pond Retirement Community offers it all from independent living and assisted living to hospice care, respite care, and memory care. Ranked among the top places for senior living in Sacramento, their location is close to Rosemont Community Park and other great destinations.
They offer a community of people where seniors can come to make friends, spend time with their loved ones, and enjoy all the amenities the property has to offer. This includes a great spread of features like the fitness center, on-site dog park, a bistro, and so much more.
The rooms are comfortable and quiet making it an easy place to relax and enjoy every moment of what life brings.
- Address: 3415 Mayhew Rd, Sacramento, CA 95827
- Website: https://www.crmscommunities.com/senior-living/ca/sacramento/golden-pond/
- Phone: (916) 800-1599
- Amenities: Community movie theater, bingo room, great hall, beauty salon, open common areas, exercise space, and 24/7 on-site care staff.
8. Vintage at Natomas Field Senior Apartments – Cozy Independent Living for Seniors
At Vintage at Natomas Field Senior Apartments, new residents get to choose between two different types of homes based on their personal preferences. There is a traditional three-story apartment building with elevators for easy access or contemporary garden-style spaces.
This highly-rated independent living community in Sacramento has a full kitchen where residents can get three full meals per day. It’s easy to get to know your neighbors, thanks to the numerous social activities that are held throughout the month.
- Address: 4000 Alan Shepard St, Sacramento, CA 95834
- Website: https://vintagenatomasfield.usamfm.com/
- Phone: (916) 570-7400
- Amenities: Balconies, dishwasher, refrigerator, additional storage, washer, dryer, wheelchair accessible, and window coverings.
FAQs About Sacramento Senior Housing Options
What are senior living options in Sacramento?
The common types of senior living in Sacramento include assisted living facilities, independent living communities, and retirement homes. The services each location offers will change depending on the property as many will offer solutions like memory care as well as support for activities of daily living.
What is the difference between independent living vs assisted living?
While there are some similarities, the main contrast between Sacramento independent living and assisted living is the amount of care and assistance offered to the community. Independent living spaces will be more laid back with less options for personal care. Assisted living facilities will have more support and service.
How much does senior living cost in Sacramento?
The cost of senior living in Sacramento has an average of $4,473 per month, which is slightly less than the California average. Prices will vary based on the location, the level of care they offer, and the amenities provided by the facility. Seniors that living in an independent living community will usually pay quite a bit less per month than those in an assisted living facility.
Sacramento Senior Living Map
Find the Best Senior Living in Sacramento, CA
It’s an exciting time when you get to choose between the many choices when it comes to selecting options for senior living in Sacramento. The choices range from assisted living facilities and retirement homes to independent living communities and beyond.
Are you on the lookout for senior moving services in Sacramento? Here at Mother Lode Van & Storage, our team of movers is fully trained and ready to help you with the upcoming relocation. Reach out to us today at (916) 631-4285 or complete the Request a Quote form above for a free Sacramento moving estimate!